Phone Banking with Hume Connect
Getting started with Hume Connect
Hume offers a system to manage your account wherever you have access to a phone with Hume Connect, allowing you to:
- Find out balances of your savings and loan accounts
- List details of the last 5 transactions on your accounts
- Transfer funds between internal accounts
- Pay your bills using BPAY
- Find out interest details on your accounts
To sign up for Hume Connect, simply download, print, and complete this form before handing it in to your nearest Hume branch. Alternatively, visit your local branch to obtain and fill out a form.
How to use Hume Connect
First you will need a touch-tone telephone. To test whether you have a touch-tone telephone, lift the handset and press the star “*” button. If you hear a ‘beep’ you will be able to access Hume Connect (if not, you will need to consult your telephone manual regarding tone dialing).
Steps to follow
- Dial Hume Connect 1300 551 619 (for the cost of a local call).
- Using your telephone keypad, enter your member number and press the star “*” button. Your member number is the six-digit number printed on the back of your passbook or statement (followed by an account type eg. S10, I3 or L14). You should only enter your member number, not the account type.
- Enter your telephone access code, followed by the star “*” button. If this is the first time you have used Hume Connect, you will be asked to change this access code to a number of your choice. Select a 4 to 6 digit number (please avoid simple sequences or repeated digits), then press the star “*” button. Hume Connect will ask you to verify your new access code.
- If you have savings accounts, Hume Connect will automatically give you the balances of these accounts.
- The main menu of this service will be presented, giving the opportunity to select the service you require using your telephone keypad. The following are the options available.
- Press 1: Savings account balances will be read again.
- Press 2: Last 5 transactions on an account.
- Press 3: Transfer funds between your accounts.
- Press 4: Balance of loan accounts.
- Press 5: Pay bills using BPAY.
- Press 7: Interest earned on your accounts.
- Press 8: Change your telephone access code.
- Press 9: Speak to a Customer Service Officer (CSO).
Hume Connect Security
To esnure your security access to Hume Connect can only be made using your membership number and your telephone access code. You are unable to access any account unless you provide these numbers. Please protect your telephone access code and do not reveal it to others - it is your personal key to Hume Connect.
If you need to reset your Hume connect password, please download, print and fill out this form before lodging it with your nearest Hume branch. Alternatively visit your local branch to obtain and fill out a form